When police or prosecutors conceal significant exculpatory or impeaching material, we hold, it is ordinarily incumbent on the state to set the record straight. - Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Question of the Day


 

I have been informed that the judge who heard most if not all of my cases in Chesapeake JDR court in VA knows of this site. That could explain why she finally took herself off my case. She wrote about this in Benchmark newsletter for judges, however I don't remember nor have I sent her an IM.

While doing research on this person before and after this person become a judge I can only say that I find it very interesting one case that she completely ignores a father's rights completely.

What case is this; it was name Who baby is it now, in the Virginia Pilot;

"But the adoption came to a screeching halt when Melissa decided, five months after giving birth, that she could no longer keep the secret. She told her parents, Lisa and Mark Lockwood, also of Slidell. And the three of them began a battle to regain custody of the child, who is now 1.

Last week, Judge Eileen Olds of the Chesapeake Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court granted legal custody to the Prevettes and gave the Lockwoods visitation rights. Even though the ruling settled custody for now, it did not resolve the case for good."

I ask did the father know of the baby.

"Melissa said the baby's father, her former boyfriend, Cedric Cooper, wants to be involved in raising the girl but can't afford to visit her in Virginia"

I wonder did Judge Olds take this into consideration, I say no. I have seen first-hand that fathers don't have any rights in her court, except that of paying support.

In this case there were all types of fraudulent paperwork. Did she do the right thing? One would have to wonder, if this was to happen to a son of hers, what would she do??

No comments: